Sunday 16 January 2011

Welcome

Hi my names John and with my partner Melanie moved to the west coast of Orkney in Scotland in October 2009 from Derbyshire England with the idea of living the good life.We had purchased a near derelict cottage in the small (you cant call it a village,only a few houses) hamlet called (hope not to offend anyone) twatt.We moved up for the good life but never intended to be selfsufficent just live more healthily by growing our own veg,a dream for some so here we want to show how we did it,the achievements and the disasters because there will be some and already has like my attempt to build a wind turbine and forgetting the Orkney winds but that story will have to wait.The veg plot is at the moment is very overgrown with grass so first task is to dig it, with my bad back(sciatica)

The above photos are of the cottage and the dreaded veggie plot ready for digging (cant wait).This blog is not only going to be about the veggie plot its going to be about the things I'm interested in like my landrovers,kitcar,chickens,music(50s)and pottering about with junk and seeing what  I can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment